NICONICO RENT A CAR > Insurance
In the case of an accident during your rental period, you will receive insurance compensation up to the following amounts described below:
|Bodily Injury||Unlimited Per Person (Including Automobile Liability Insurance)|
|Property Damage||Unlimited Per Accident|
|Car Damage||Up to the Actual Value of the Accident|
|Physical Disability||Up To ￥30 Million Per Accident|
*Bodily Injury → Applies to persons in other party
*Physical Disability → Applies to passengers in rented vehicle
Instances Not Covered By Insurance
- Accidents occuring while the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Accidents occuring in violation of items included in the rental agreement.
- Accidents occuring while the driver is driving without a driver's license.
- An accident report is not recorded with the police.
- An accident occuring at a time later than agreed upon in the rental agreement.
Costs Beared by the Customer
- Blowout or Tire Damage
- Loss or damage of Hubcaps
- Defacement of vehicle interior
- Towing fees
- Any excess not covered by the insurance coverage and the CDW
- Non-Operation Charge (NOC)
- Max ￥50,000 Fee in the case of a *Single Car Accident
What is the Non-Operation Charge (NOC)?
- The NOC is a fee payed by the customer in the case where a vehicle is damaged (accident or otherwise). This is to compensate the shop for the loss of business during the time that the vehicle is undergoing repairs. The fee is ￥20,000 if the vehicle can be driven back to the shop or ￥50,000 in the case where the vehicle can not be driven back to the shop. If you purchased the Safety Plan, you will be exempted from the NOC. *In the case that the vehicle cannot be driven, you will be charged for towing.
What is a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)?
- For most rental car companies, if a customer gets into a vehicle accident, the customer would be required to pay the cost of the insurance deductibles. With the CDW these deductibles are waived (with the exception of single-car accidents), and the customer will not be required to pay them. All rentals made with NICONICO Rent a Car include the CDW free of charge.
What is a Single-Car Accident?
- A Single-Car Accident is when damage occurs to the rented car that is not the result of a collision with another moving car. An accident where the rented car is crashed into a guardrail or utility pole, run-off road collisions, hit-and-runs, etc. In the occurrence of a single-car accident, you will be required to pay for the damage, up to a maximum of 50,000 yen.